Matakana Coast Tourism is an umbrella Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO) previously known as Matakana Coast and Country.
It represents and provides promotional and advocacy services to Tourism and Business groups located between Puhoi and Pakiri.
Coordination of Activities and Events in support of Membership and Community Groups
MatakanaCoast.co.nz optimised web presence
Travel and Tourism Activities and Events
Advocacy – A voice for Business Groups on key regional planning and operational issues
Full web site listing and access to MCT services and events
i. Tourism Businesses - $150 p.a. plus GST (additional Tourism category listings available on request at $40 p.a. plus GST
ii. General Businesses - $100 p.a. plus GST
iii. Web advertising – as per rate card - please email your request to : email@example.com
iv. General Sponsorship - please enquire
v. Other activities and event participation - on quotation.
Note: These charges are in addition to any Membership Group subscription costs – with the exception of Matakana Coast Wine Country Inc. members whose Full MCT Web Site and Access charges have been billed as part of their 2014/5 membership subscription.
A Tourism business is one that primarily focuses on attracting and providing goods and services to domestic or international visitors to the Matakana Coast Region. Traditionally these types of businesses will include hospitality, entertainment, events, activities, accommodation, specialist retailers, food and beverages, and will tend to be 7 day a week businesses.
General businesses are those businesses that are not defined above, and are predominantly service based businesses.
MCT is coordinated through an Executive Committee of volunteer representatives from Membership Groups from Puhoi to Pakiri
Our foundation Membership Groups include –
• Puhoi Business Group
• Kawau Business Group
• Warkworth Area Business Association
• Matakana Coast Wine Country
• Matakana Winegrowers
• Matakana Country Park
• Matakana Village
• Leigh Business Community
The Executive Committee has three effective Sub Committees covering
• Market Focus Group
• Local, Domestic and International
• Member Services and Marketing
• Activity Promotion and Service Delivery
• Finance and Operations
• Organisational, Funding and Administration
MCT has recently appointed a Regional Tourism Coordinator to resource its activities in conjunction with volunteers from Membership and Community Groups.
MCT has a Trade and a Public/promotional brand.
• The trade brand for the organisation is Matakana Coast Tourism – Excite the Senses
• The Public/Promotional brand which will appear on all promotional material and web site is Matakana Coast Wine Country – which is the well established market brand both in traditional marketing collateral and online spaces.
a. For Businesses
Join a local MCT Membership Group (see question 4.)
Opt in to MCT services and charges – as either a Tourism or General Business
Get involved in the events of your local business group and those of MCT.
b. For Community Groups
email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
MCT receives funding from Membership Group fees, services and events, advertising, sponsorship and project grants.
Our Service Year is the calendar year – 01 January – 31 December.
The base membership listing and service charges for Tourism and General businesses are billed by MCT on an annual basis. If you are a member of Matakana Coast Wine Country, your MCT membership is included in your MCWC subscription.
Any additional services or opportunities (ie Web Advertising, Trade Fairs etc) are billed by MCT on an ad hoc basis.
Commence providing contracted promotional and representational services on behalf of our Membership Groups
Upgrade and commercialise the MCT web site to be consumer focussed primarily for Tourism/Visitor attraction but also to provide an opportunity for General Business promotion of regional products and services.
Securing funding to facilitate the employment of a Regional Tourism Co-ordinator (RTC)
Working in partnership with ATEED and i-Site/Tourism NZ to determine options for regional visitor centre operations
Appointing a Regional Tourism Coordinator
Strengthening connections with MCT Membership Groups – their Members and Key Stakeholders
Implement an updated/inclusive NZTRI based Visitor Strategy through executive personnel and ongoing engagement of volunteer groups
• The www.matakanacoast.co.nz web site will become the GO TO place for visitors and new residents.
• General businesses that belong to an MCT Membership Group will have their base business details included in a business directory for free.
• For further promotion there are opportunities for a full web site listing on the matakanacoast.co.nz web site ($100 plus GST p.a.) and there are also opportunities to advertise in appropriate sections of the web site.
• General sponsorship also creates an opportunity to have visibility on the MCT web site and all promotional literature creating visibility to the local business community, visitors and new residents.
Yes please contact your nominated Membership Group or email@example.com for options.
No – you don’t. As part of MCWC contracting out its promotional and representational services to MCT, MCWC have included the services charges for 2015 as part of your annual membership subscription for 2014/15.
We would however encourage you to look at investment options for further promotion such as feature advertising on the matakanacoast.co.nz web site and to getting involved in events and promotional activities.
MCT is based at the Warkworth I-site, 1 Baxter Street, Warkworth
Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you a call assist.