Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Explore the beautiful Matakana area by bicycle. We have the latest models of road bikes, mountain bikes, comfort cycles, tandems, cruisers and kids bikes for the entire family to en..more..
Matakana Castle offers unique luxury bed and breakfast accommodation unlike any other in New Zealand. A stunning architecturally designed boutique property, perfect for romantic g..more..
NEW ZEALAND CINEMA AWARD WINNERS PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD NZ'S BEST INDIE CINEMA 2011 Ticket Prices General Admission* – Every day unless stated othe..more..
Love Collecting? Travel the Golden Mile and uncover treasures off the beaten track 40 minutes north of Auckland, and you'll be cruising along the Golden Mile from Warkworth to ..more..
Within 1 hour from Auckland CBD and just over the hill from the Matakana Village with plenty of Parking and fun for all the family - children friendly with the animal petting park, ..more..
Less than an hour from Auckland city you will find one of New Zealand’s most picturesque destinations. The Matakana Coast area offers everything from a traditional Kiwi beachs..more..
Located right in the heart of Matakana Village with 7 Modern, Clean, Comfortable Studio Units and 10 Self-Contained Family Units all with air-conditioning. Onsite we have a heated ..more..
'TRUE ARTISAN" Matakana Extra Virgin Olive Oil is locally grown, harvested and pressed to bring to your table a 100% natural olive oil. Cold pressed and produced to the highest..more..
Join Matakana River Cruises and relax as we turn the corner from the hustle and bustle of Matakana Township. Once on board you will find: Seating for all guests under cov..more..
Spend a little time with Matakana Tours and discover the bounty of the Matakana Coast region - perfect for a day trip from Auckland City! Our boutique small group tours have bee..more..