Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
The Famous Matakana Village Farmers Market Every Saturday from 8am until 1pm On Saturday from 8am to 1pm the vibrant farmer’s market is a focal point for locals and ..more..
With help from friends and family, Matavino owner Jim Hight planted some truly interesting Italian red varieties from the Piedmont area. Visit Jim in his cellar door where inside th..more..
Morris & James Matakana is a traditional pottery creating some of New Zealand’s only handmade large-ware pots & planters, since 1977. A range of ceramic works ava..more..
Plume Cafe sits above the river in the Matakana Village. Across Leigh Road from the bustling development of movie theatres, cafes and shops. It sits in a tranquil setting of gardens..more..
The Plume Restaurant is superbly situated in a spectacular grape-growing region of Matakana, just north of Auckland, Plume Restaurant offers glorious 180-degree views of vineyards, ..more..
Extraordinary occasions call for extraordinary places…Just 50 minutes from Auckland, Plume is an enchanting setting for a wine country wedding.Whether you're planning an int..more..
Culinary style at Rothko Restaurant Matakana is inspired by the sea and fertile land that surround us. Working with local producers and suppliers, Rothko’s team craft each menu to..more..
Runner Duck Estate is all about combining our true passions in life -family, lifestyle and premium wine."Our sole objective is to produce a small amount of truly 'iconic' wine that ..more..
A few minutes’ drive from Matakana village lies Sculptureum, where three art-filled gardens, six galleries, a vineyard, a function centre and Rothko – the site’s r..more..
Smiths. The brand new dining area at The Matakana Country Park. Smiths is a combination of an old Blacksmiths and a 60's bach, industrial yet retro. The decor was hand picked w..more..