Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
NEW ZEALAND CINEMA AWARD WINNERS PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD NZ'S BEST INDIE CINEMA 2011 Ticket Prices General Admission* – Every day unless stated othe..more..
Within 1 hour from Auckland CBD and just over the hill from the Matakana Village with plenty of Parking and fun for all the family - children friendly with the animal petting park, ..more..
Less than an hour from Auckland city you will find one of New Zealand’s most picturesque destinations. The Matakana Coast area offers everything from a traditional Kiwi beachs..more..
Located right in the heart of Matakana Village with 7 Modern, Clean, Comfortable Studio Units and 10 Self-Contained Family Units all with air-conditioning. Onsite we have a heated ..more..
Join Matakana River Cruises and relax as we turn the corner from the hustle and bustle of Matakana Township. Once on board you will find: Seating for all guests under cov..more..
Spend a little time with Matakana Tours and discover the bounty of the Matakana Coast region - perfect for a day trip from Auckland City! Our boutique small group tours have bee..more..
Settled in 1842 Matakana developed into a small rural town servicing the farms, produce gardens and orchards that flourished in the surrounding area. City folk would travel up the c..more..
The Famous Matakana Village Farmers Market Every Saturday from 8am until 1pm On Saturday from 8am to 1pm the vibrant farmer’s market is a focal point for locals and ..more..
Matavino is a small, family-owned and operated vineyard, nestled on gentle north-facing slopes in the famous Matakana Wine region. Our vision is to grow a variety of wines to match loca..more..
Morris & James Matakana is a traditional pottery creating some of New Zealand’s only handmade large-ware pots & planters, since 1977. A range of ceramic works ava..more..