Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
SETTLED IN 1842 MATAKANA DEVELOPED INTO A SMALL RURAL TOWN servicing the farms, produce gardens and orchards that flourished in the surrounding area. City folk would travel up the coast..more..
The Famous Matakana Village Farmers Market Every Saturday from 8am until 1pm On Saturday from 8am to 1pm the vibrant farmer’s market is a focal point for locals and ..more..
Matavino is a small, family-owned and operated vineyard, nestled on gentle north-facing slopes in the famous Matakana Wine region. Our vision is to grow a variety of wines to match loca..more..
Morris & James Matakana is a traditional pottery creating some of New Zealand’s only handmade large-ware pots & planters, since 1977. A range of ceramic works ava..more..
The Gardens: OMAIO - a maori name meaning “place of peace, quiet and tranquility”, is our coastal property of 18 acres (7.28 hectares) on the Takatu peninsula, one hou..more..
Set in the beautiful Matakana, Piece Gallery specialises in Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery and select Sculpture. With an eye for detail, a distinctly New Zealand language with sophisticated..more..
Plume Cafe sits above the river in the Matakana Village. Across Leigh Road from the bustling development of movie theatres, cafes and shops. It sits in a tranquil setting of gardens..more..
The Plume Restaurant is superbly situated in a spectacular grape-growing region of Matakana, just north of Auckland, Plume Restaurant offers glorious 180-degree views of vineyards, ..more..
Extraordinary occasions call for extraordinary places…Just 50 minutes from Auckland, Plume is an enchanting setting for a wine country wedding.Whether you're planning an int..more..
For over thirty years Premium Real Estate has built a wealth of experience and knowledge in the luxury property market. Premium specialises in the finest coastal, lifestyle, luxury ..more..