Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
A few minutes’ drive from Matakana village lies Sculptureum, where three art-filled gardens, six galleries, a vineyard, a function centre and Rothko – the site’s r..more..
Smiths. The brand new dining area at The Matakana Country Park. Smiths is a combination of an old Blacksmiths and a 60's bach, industrial yet retro. The decor was hand picked w..more..
Takatu Lodge - Luxury Matakana Accommodation 5 Star boutique luxury lodge & vineyard. The ultimate, exclusive, romantic retreat, enjoy the architectural & contemporary s..more..
Found in the heart of Matakana Village, The Local Food Kitchen offers hands-on cooking classes and food tasting sessions in a relaxed personable way. Local Chef Mark Griffiths has ..more..
Built in 1903 and renovated in 2012, The Matakana Village Pub is a new breed of gastro pub offering restaurant quality food and great beverages in a relaxed and informal setting wit..more..
The Smoko Room in the Sawmill Brewery is a place for conversation, community, food and drink. Open 7 days a week from 12pm till 10pm. There is the opportunity to sit outside in a be..more..
The Stables is located at the Matakana Country Park on the main road to Leigh and Omaha, just three minutes over the hill from the Matakana Village. The Stables Restau..more..
Tour Shop is a New Zealand based family business that runs one-day tours daily from Auckland City to the Matakana Coast Wine Country. Their Day Tour options include: Goat..more..
Weddings Matakana is the GO TO place for everything you need to know when planning your wedding in our beautiful Matakana Coast and Country Region - all within 1 hour of the CBD, Au..more..
This beautiful 2 brm semi detached retreat, will have you wishing you had more time! Special conditions: We are a Smoke free property. We Welcome children over 12 yrs old...more..