Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Black and White Barn is less than a 2 minute walk to the vibrant Matakana Village and Markets. A central base to explore the surrounding coast - or a personal sanctuary to dream, sleep..more..
Renowned for its 'Black Dog Blend' coffee, The Black Dog boasts great food, welcoming staff and did we mention the great coffee?..more..
Blush specialises in Environ Facials, waxing, tinting, brow shaping, manicures and pedicures as well as make-up artistry using Jane Iredale Mineral make-up..more..
Doors open early for breakfast, brunch and lunch. With a menu incorporating a wholesome range of fresh produce, honest recipes and bloody good coffee...more..
Located at the iconic Morris and James Pottery. A quiet and peaceful atmosphere, simply a place to be from the hustle and bustle of city life. The café enjoys a beautifu..more..
THE CIRCUIT ROOM is a modern fully equipped group fitness studio, set up to support our community in meeting their individual fitness goals. We offer a range of classes including world ..more..
Country Park Express Miniature Train Rides , situated within the Matakana Country Park, this is a train ride with a difference. It is designed to be enjoyed by all ages. ..more..
A privately owned Vineyard , passionately enjoyed by the owner and experienced staff tend the vines and make the wine . Producing Reserve Syrah and Cabernet Franc, Syrah Cabernet Franc ..more..
Damask Matakana offers a truly unique shopping experience for women of all ages. You’ll discover beautiful items from New Zealand and around the world including jewellery, accesso..more..
Stockist include: Ketz-Ke, Caroline Sills, Loobies Story, Collections, Jet Blonde, Random, Thrive, Paula Ryan, NYDJ, Standard Issue, Visage and many more...more..