Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Open Tuesday to Saturday with late nights available on Wednesday and Thursday. We endeavor to create a personalised look for you the individual. Consultation and on-going training are ..more..
Old School Inc. is a wee shop & guest house located at 745 Matakana Road, Matakana - Warkworth. The store (a 120 year old school house) stocks collectable & vintage pieces wit..more..
The Gardens: OMAIO - a maori name meaning “place of peace, quiet and tranquility”, is our coastal property of 18 acres (7.28 hectares) on the Takatu peninsula, one hou..more..
Set in the beautiful Matakana, Piece Gallery specialises in Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery and select Sculpture. With an eye for detail, a distinctly New Zealand language with sophisticated..more..
Plume Cafe sits above the river in the Matakana Village. Across Leigh Road from the bustling development of movie theatres, cafes and shops. It sits in a tranquil setting of gardens..more..
The Plume Restaurant is superbly situated in a spectacular grape-growing region of Matakana, just north of Auckland, Plume Restaurant offers glorious 180-degree views of vineyards, ..more..
Extraordinary occasions call for extraordinary places…Just 50 minutes from Auckland, Plume is an enchanting setting for a wine country wedding.Whether you're planning an int..more..
For over thirty years Premium Real Estate has built a wealth of experience and knowledge in the luxury property market. Premium specialises in the finest coastal, lifestyle, luxury ..more..
Full of historic and hard to find pieces, you'll find a selection of quality antiques, shabby chic furniture and collectables. Please drop in and have a look around...more..
Located at the iconic Morris and James Pottery. A quiet and peaceful atmosphere, simply a place to be from the hustle and bustle of city life. The café enjoys a beautifu..more..