Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Full of historic and hard to find pieces, you'll find a selection of quality antiques, shabby chic furniture and collectables. Please drop in and have a look around...more..
Located at the iconic Morris and James Pottery. A quiet and peaceful atmosphere, simply a place to be from the hustle and bustle of city life. The café enjoys a beautifu..more..
Once you have experienced the luxurious soft feel of our 100% Pure Egyptian Cotton sheets or the crisp freshness of our 100% Turkish Cotton and 100% Percale Cotton bed linen, we're sure..more..
Smack in the heart of Matakana Village, The Rusty Pelican Pizzeria is not only fabulous pizzas, there's also an extensive a la carte menu to savour. Whether it's seafood, pasta, st..more..
The Matakana Country Park is the new home of the historic St Andrews Presbyterian Church. Built in Matakana in 1895, the Church is constructed of kauri and still maintains its..more..
Studio Matakana offers a truly unique shopping experience for women of all ages. You’ll discover beautiful items from New Zealand and around the world including jewellery, accesso..more..
Peaceful waterfront living on the fringe of vibrant Matakana village and region. Exclusive comfort in the contemporary spaces of a classic lodge. A country road leads you to the fro..more..
Owned by a fully qualified homeopath, Tea and Tonic’s commitment to you is their philosophy and passion. With an exclusive range of lovingly handcrafted healthcare products by Ni..more..
Built in 1903 and renovated in 2012, The Matakana Village Pub is a new breed of gastro pub offering restaurant quality food and great beverages in a relaxed and informal setting wit..more..
The Smoko Room in the Sawmill Brewery is a place for conversation, community, food and drink. Open Wednesday to Sunday from 12pm till 10pm during winter. There is the opportunity to..more..