Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
144 on Jones is a stunning property minutes from Omaha Beach and the bustling Matakana Market. It offers Columbus Cottage, a boutique self-contained sanctuary and a luxurious B&..more..
Charlies Gelato Garden is modeled on a 'gelateria artiginale'. The gelato and sorbetto is made fresh each day in small batches from the best available ingredients including seasonal..more..
A privately owned Vineyard, passionately enjoyed by the owner and experienced staff tend the vines and make the wine. Producing Reserve Syrah and Cabernet Franc, Syrah Cabernet Fran..more..
Heron's Flight Winery and Cellar door offers tastings every day of wines made from the Italian grape varieties Dolcetto and Sangiovese. We make them in a range of styles to show the..more..
MATAKANA 360 is a contemporary, two-bedroom, designer-furnished house with majestic views in every direction. Close to the sky, yet at one with the land, MATAKANA 360 is a very spec..more..
Within 1 hour from Auckland CBD and just over the hill from the Matakana Village with plenty of Parking and fun for all the family - children friendly with the animal petting park, ..more..
Less than an hour from Auckland city you will find one of New Zealand’s most picturesque destinations. The Matakana Coast area offers everything from a traditional Kiwi beachs..more..
Located right in the heart of Matakana Village with 7 Modern, Clean, Comfortable Studio Units and 10 Self-Contained Family Units all with air-conditioning. Onsite we have a heated ..more..
Join Matakana River Cruises and relax as we turn the corner from the hustle and bustle of Matakana Township. Once on board you will find: Seating for all guests under cov..more..
Settled in 1842, Matakana developed into a small rural town servicing the farms, orchards and produce gardens that flourished in the surrounding area. City folk would travel up the ..more..